ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: Changing datasource at runtime
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:46:50 GMT
Spring isn't good at dynamic DataSource stuff, especially new ones that get
created after the Spring context is instantiated.

This item on the FAQ details the solution I came up with for my stuff:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=
12583003

There aren't any issues with caching, but the DataSources must be known at
Spring creation time which I don't think will work for you.

I've been thinking up different ways of doing this so I don't have to rely
on code changes to get a new datasource running, but I haven't spent much
time on it.  It would be much easier to do without Spring, you could just
use iBATIS directly and create sqlmapclients with a properties object to
configure it.  But Spring offers a lot of nice stuff which I don't want to
get rid of...

Cheers,
Chris