ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Kezerashvili, Denis" <Denis.Kezerashv...@gs.com>
Subject RE: how to create custom TypeHandlerCallback to trim string whitespace
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:35:01 GMT
I take it back, you are defining callback for getting values out of the
db. Sorry for the misleading reply.

-----Original Message-----
From: novotny [mailto:novotny@gridsphere.org]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 2:02 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: how to create custom TypeHandlerCallback to trim string
whitespace

Hi,

 I'm using an informix database and querying for a map containing string
keys and integer values. The keys are stored as type CHAR in the
database
and normally when I get them back they contain extar whitespace. I'm
trying
to create a custom handler like so:

public class StringTypeHandlerCallback implements TypeHandlerCallback {

    public void setParameter(ParameterSetter parameterSetter, Object o)
throws SQLException {
        parameterSetter.setString(((String)o).trim());
    }

    public Object getResult(ResultGetter resultGetter) throws
SQLException {
        return resultGetter.getString().trim();
    }

    public Object valueOf(String s) {
        return s.trim();
    }
}

and I added

<typeHandler callback="StringTypeHandlerCallback" javaType="string"
jdbcType="CHAR"/>

but it doesn't seem to work-- the strings still have the whitespace.

Here was my query:

Map<String, Integer> m = sqlMapClient.queryForMap(QUERY, qwest,
"sm_qwest",
"tm_id");

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jason