ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Connection Parameters for JDBC transaction Manager
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:33:43 GMT
+1 to Jeff, those settings have already been removed from the trunk.

Use EXTERNAL if you're using EJB or Spring (or any other transaction capable
container), or JTA if you're using iBATIS alone with XA connections.
Otherwise, using JDBC should work fine too.

Clinton

From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: January-30-08 8:41 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Connection Parameters for JDBC transaction Manager

We recommend getting rid of maxRequests, maxSessions, maxTransactions -
these values will no longer be supported in the next version of iBATIS.  In
your case (using a JNDI connection pool with WebSphere), you should set all
these things on the datasource configuration in WebSphere.

Also, it's probably best to use EXTERNAL or JTA transacation manager with
WebSphere (depending on whether you are using CMT or not) - see the
information in this WIKI page for examples:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Environment+Sp
ecific+Information

Jeff Butler

On Jan 30, 2008 9:00 AM, venkatesh_ngl@rediffmail.