ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Heinrich Götzger <goetz...@gmx.de>
Subject description/documentation/comments in sqlMap
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:03:23 GMT
Hello,

what is the recommended way or the best practice to add comments and
documentation into the sqlMap and the containing selects?

Using -- in the select tag is impossible.

Using /* ...*/ is easy, but probably the worst thing. If it is within
the select-tag it will be handled from the framework as part of the
select and will be passed to the jdbc code.

Using <!-- ... --> is good. It can be used at every place in the sqlMap.
But it is not ensuring the connection between comment and sql-code.

So I would like to know if there are other methods or at least ideas for
some tags/attributes for comment, documentation or description within
the select-tag?
Using xml-notation based on xsd or dtd would enable further
xml-processing outside of iBATIS as well.

So, these are just some ideas and I probably missed this already
existing construct.

Thanks and cheers

Heinrich