ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Ibatis throttle - possible deadlock (ibatis 2.2, 2.3)
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 05:33:25 GMT
If you're using Spring, then the transaction/session scope is managed
completely by Spring.  Somehow you'll have to verify the same thing I
mentioned, but within the context of Spring... make sure the transactions
are guaranteed to be opened and closed consistently and in a fault tolerant
way...

Also, try building iBATIS from the trunk, just to see what kind of error you
get.  It might help debug it, because the new error will likely be from your
datasource and/or connection.

Clinton

-----Original Message-----
From: Stéphane Hanser [mailto:s.hanser@omegames.com]
Sent: January-11-08 6:08 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ibatis throttle - possible deadlock (ibatis 2.2, 2.3)

Hi everybody.

I join this discussion because I'm working with Nikolas on this
project and I'm fighting with this problem as well.
Thank you very much for your answer. However I don't know yet how it
will help us.
Indeed we never use SqlMapClient but only SqlMapClientTemplate and we
don't use transaction either.

I agree with you when you says that we're out of connections but this
is the point. The application behaves as if sessions weren't closed.
We saw on th MySQL server that there was about as many connections as
the maxActive parameter. All the connections were in sleep.

We use commons-dbcp for our datasource (BasicDataSource).

What do you think could bring to this kind of behavior?

Thanks a lot

Stéphane Hanser

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-249