ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Nikolas Kyriazopoulos Panagiotopoulos" <nikola...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ibatis throttle - possible deadlock (ibatis 2.2, 2.3)
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:40:48 GMT
[I resend this message because I hadn't confirmed the subscription to
the list before sending. Sorry for all those that might receive it
twice]

Hello,
I would like to bring this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-249
into attention.
It seems that either an old problem is resurging (not really solved),
or that we have some configuration problems, so I would  appreciate
your help.

Every hour (approximately), suddenly, without a gradual increase in
thread count etc, a deadlock(?) suddenly rises the charge in our web
application and within seconds, the application is dead.
We tend to see threads like the following through jconsole when this happens:

Name: TP-Processor431
State: WAITING on java.lang.Object@253e7f
Total blocked: 4 388 Total waited: 248

Stack trace:
java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
com.ibatis.common.util.Throttle.increment(Throttle.java:70)
com.ibatis.common.util.ThrottledPool.pop(ThrottledPool.java:57)
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.popSession(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:930)
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.<init>(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:51)
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.getLocalSqlMapSession(SqlMapClientImpl.java:258)

The database configuration is like this in our Spring 2.5.1
configuration files, for approximately 1000 connected users:

   <bean id="dataSource"
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
      [..]
       <property name="maxActive" value="100"/>
       <property name="maxIdle" value="30"/>
       <property name="maxWait" value="10000"/>
   </bean>