ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Nathan Maves" <nathan.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem returning primitive types from a query
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 23:33:18 GMT
I agree with Larry on this one.  IB already supports autoboxing.  The real
issue here is why do you have nulls in a column that is represented by a
primitive?  If the column is null what would you expect your returned value
to be as an int/boolean?

On a second note....

Why such a push to use a primitive?  In the real world 99% of the data
returned from a DB is mutable and hence there is really no performance gains
by using a primitive.

Nathan