ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From pooven <poovendra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Memeory leak in com.iBatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl class
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 02:38:47 GMT

Hi,

Here with I am attaching the screen shot of the Heapdump analyser which
shows clearly the break up where in which package of the iBatis class
causing the memory leak.

Kindly if any one knows how to get rid of this issue , greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regds,
Poovendran

pns77 wrote:

> I am also facing a similar issue with ibatis - we arrived at the
> conclusion after an analysis of heap dump. The following was the response
> that we got for a ticket we had raised with IBM.
>
> " ..Maximum heap was set to 1024m and almost 1000mb of heap is in use.
> Anlaysis of the heapdump shows the com/ibatis/sqlmap/engine/* code
> occupying most of heap(Nearly 900mb). .."
>
> There seems to be too many char[] (character array) objects that get
> created from com.iBatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl class. In our
> application side we had explcitly set the "daoManager" object reference to
> null so that it could be GC'ed. Still, we dont see any improvement.
>
> Would apprecitate if some one could suggest a solution.
>
> We use WebSphere 6 on AIX / ibatis  accessing DB2 database.
>
> Thanks,
> P.N.Subramanian
>

> pooven wrote:
>>
>> We are using a iBatis 2.3.677 along with CrystalReport 11.8 ,Websphere
>> AppServer 6.0.23 and DB2 8.2 and Websphere Portal Server 5.1.0.4, in our
>> struts based portlet application.
>>
>> There are 183 reports we are using.
>>
>> We are facing the outOfMemory issue. After analysing the heapDump file
>> through the IBM HeapAnalyser we came to know that there is a memory
>> leakage around 8 MB in the
>>
>> com.iBatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl class,
>>
>> I called flushDataCache from the sqlMapper , still it is of no use.
>>
>> Can any one guide me in this regard.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> P.Poovendran

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14164086/iBatis%2BMemory%2BLeak.bmp