ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From pns77 <pnsrapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memeory leak in com.iBatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl class
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 08:19:58 GMT

I am also facing a similar issue with ibatis - we arrived at the conclusion
after an analysis of heap dump. The following was the response that we got
for a ticket we had raised with IBM.

" ..Maximum heap was set to 1024m and almost 1000mb of heap is in use.
Anlaysis of the heapdump shows the com/ibatis/sqlmap/engine/* code occupying
most of heap(Nearly 900mb). .."

There seems to be too many char[] (character array) objects that get created
from com.iBatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl class. In our
application side we had explcitly set the "daoManager" object reference to
null so that it could be GC'ed. Still, we dont see any improvement.

Would apprecitate if some one could suggest a solution.

We use WebSphere 6 on AIX / ibatis  accessing DB2 database.

Thanks,
P.N.Subramanian