ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis security question
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:23:19 GMT
For web applications, typically these files are usually stored un-jarred in
the WEB-INF\classes folder, or in a jar in the WEB-INF\lib folder.  End
users generally don't have access to these directories.

If you are doing a rich client application, then an educated user could
search through the JAR and find the XML.  You could get around this with
some encryption/decryption of the files manually before passing them to
iBATIS.  iBATIS does not have native support for this.  In this case you
might want to try an obfuscator too if you are concerned about reverse
compilers.

Jeff Butler