ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAVA 1.5 enum > typehandler woes
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 14:54:46 GMT
Hey Ray,

Did you see the other way to do this on the Wiki?

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/How+do+I+use+Enums+with+annotations

That is http://tinyurl.com/2mgqd3 if that gets buggered up by gmail.

I do it a bit different and it's very little code - essentially, you
tell a base type handler the enum class and the jdbc type, and the
rest is done for you:

@EnumTypeHandler(
  enumClass = EmploymentTermReason.class,
  jdbcType = Types.VARCHAR)
public class EmploymentTermReasonTypeHandler extends EnumTypeHandlerImpl {
}

After that, you register some type aliases and the handler in your
sqlmap config:

<typeAlias
  alias="EmploymentTermReason"
  type="com.blah.EmploymentTermReason" />
<typeAlias
  alias="EmploymentTermReasonTypeHandler"
  type="com.blah.EmploymentTermReasonTypeHandler" />
<typeHandler
  javaType="EmploymentTermReason"
  callback="EmploymentTermReasonTypeHandler" />

BTW, the type aliases are optional, but save some typing and make
refactoring easier.

Larry