ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Warren" <war...@clarksnutrition.com>
Subject RE: Ibatis java.sql and log4j
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:16:41 GMT
Thanks, I will quit knocking myself out trying to get JDBC to log by itself.
p6spy, will this allow me to capture SQL statements. I am trying to rewrite
an old servlet/jsp app that is no longer supported. It would sure speed
things up if I could get my hands on the SQL. I do not have the source code
and I have decompiled it, but its a mess. I am trying to get request level
logging on the db side, but have not had any luck. It uses Sybase SQL
Anywhere 8.0.2. Any sugestions?
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
  Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 1:42 PM
  To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
  Subject: Re: Ibatis java.sql and log4j

  iBATIS logs to the java.sql objects - so all the java.sql logging entries
you see are actually iBATIS entries - NOT standard java.sql entries.  This
is a <sarcasm>feature</sarcasm> of iBATIS and will not be available in other
environments.

  Many JDBC drivers can be configured to do logging, or you can use p6spy,
in other environments.

  Jeff Butler