ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From lucy.fos...@uk.abnamro.com
Subject Re: iBatis gives no error but no results!
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:10:56 GMT
Thanks Gwyn, that's done it.

Regards,
Lucy

             "Gwyn Evans"
             <gwyn.evans@gmail
                                       user-java@ibatis.apache.org
             14/11/2007 17:07                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: iBatis gives no error but no
             user-java@ibatis.         results!
                apache.org

It might be that if they're set up as CHAR(5), then you might want to
try the following...

params.put(new String("family"), new String("CURR "));
params.put(new String("group"),  new String("FXD  "));
params.put(new String("type"),   new String("FXD  "));

i.e. Pad the values you're testing against with ' 's.

(I'm not 100% sure of this, as I don't use fixed CHAR fields with
variable length data, but I've got a vauge recollection of reading
about something similar.)

/Gwyn

On 14/11/2007, lucy.foster@uk.abnamro.com <lucy.foster@uk.abnamro.com>
wrote:
> Done some investigation - the Strings #family#, #group# and #type# are
> setup on the Oracle db as CHAR(5) which may be causing the issue.  This a
> proprietory db and I have no ability to change these to VARCHAR.  Is
there
> a workaround for this?
>
> Regards,
> Lucy