ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From lucy.fos...@uk.abnamro.com
Subject RE: iBatis gives no error but no results!
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:58:36 GMT
Done some investigation - the Strings #family#, #group# and #type# are
setup on the Oracle db as CHAR(5) which may be causing the issue.  This a
proprietory db and I have no ability to change these to VARCHAR.  Is there
a workaround for this?

Regards,
Lucy

             lucy.foster@uk.ab
             namro.com
             14/11/2007 15:27          user-java@ibatis.apache.org
                                                                        cc

             user-java@ibatis.         RE: iBatis gives no error but no
                apache.org             results!

Thanks Graeme.  It appears to be a problem with the Strings.  On hardcoding
#family#, #group# and #type# with the actual Strings but using
#firstContractId# and #secondContractId# as params it works.  However
setting the Strings as params and hardcoding the numbers for the between
statement it doesn't work.

Regards,
Lucy

             Graeme J Sweeney
             <ibatis.user@gjsw
             eeney.com>                                                 To
                                       user-java@ibatis.apache.org
             14/11/2007 15:06                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: iBatis gives no error but no
             user-java@ibatis.         results!
                apache.org

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, lucy.foster@uk.abnamro.com wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion but that is exactly what I did - not too clear
> I'm afraid in the last part of my email:

<snip/>

I thought Niels meant that you should keep 'between 12377813 and
12378073' hardcoded and test the remaining fields as parameters?

--
Graeme -

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. ABN AMRO
Bank N.V, which has its seat at Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and is
registered in the Commercial Register under number 33002587, including its
group companies, shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt or damage to your system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its
group companies) does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of
viruses, interceptions or interference.