ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher.Mathru...@sybase.com
Subject Time to design: Domain Object
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:50:37 GMT

face="Courier New">2.3.0</font><font size=2 face="sans-serif">,
and have been for some time. A new requirement has come along and I will
need to expose some of our applications services to external parties. Not
an issue using Spring. I have lot's of choices. (I think I'm going to tread
down the path of the simple HTTP exporter to begin with) The problem I
have is that a good portion of my domain objects have adjacent domain objects
(parent-child) in which the children are lazy loaded. This of course will
not work when serializing the domain object over the wire. So I understand
that I have several options available to me:</font>
<ol>
<li value=1><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Don't use lazy loading. Load
the complete object graph using joins. (This could be intensive..)</font>
<li value=2><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Don't expose methods that return
objects that have complex relationships. (Yeah, right...)</font>
<li value=3><font size=2 face="sans-serif">rework my domain objects so
that complex objects are not returned, only single layer objects. (This
would require the client to make additional calls to retrieve the adjacent
objects.</font></ol>
this issue and have several solutions that are working well. I'm just trying
to get some suggestions and see if I've overlooked something.</font>