ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Davide Rogora" <drog...@unionefiduciaria.it>
Subject Reporting with iBatis
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:22:14 GMT
Hi,
I'm developing an intranet web application with iBatis, and I'm very happy
with it :-)

Now, I'm starting to analyze which is the best way to integrate iBatis with
the reporting tool we have chosen (JasperReports).

As JasperReports manual says, a simple a quick way to fill a report is to
execute an SQL query via JDBC and wrap the resulting resultset in an
instance of JRResultSetDataSource. This instance of JRResultSetDataSource is
then passed to the JasperRunManager.runReportToPdfStream() method to export
the report to PDF format and stream it to the browser window.

As alternative, JasperReports could receive a list of beans instead of a
java.sql.resultset object, but I think that for large resultset it could be
a problem to generate a list of 10.000 beans in memory, because of the time
to convert a resultset in a list of objects and because of Out of Memory
problem.

So, my desire would be to have a java.sql.resultset object (instead of a
list of objects or a list of maps) as output of my query, because I think
that is the best and quickly solution for reporting.

Is it possible?
Any other experience on how to integrate iBatis with a reporting tool?

Thanks in advance,
Davide.