ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: "encoding not supported"-error using iBATIS with db2 on z/os
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:16:26 GMT
It looks like the parameters to the sqlmap are in an encoding that the db
doesn't support.  Most likely an extended character in one encoding that
isn't valid in another.

What encoding is the db using?

What encoding are the parameters coming in from?  Java will use UTF-8
internally, but if you're reading data from a file encoded with windows-1252
there could be a character causing trouble.