ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Raymond McDermott" <...@mcdermott.be>
Subject Abator - change to allow it to produce stored procedures instead of SQL?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:17:38 GMT
Our mainframe standards require us to produce SQL in the form of SQL stored
procedures.

We use Db2 v7.2/zOS now (v8.1 next year).

The template for the stored procedure is well understood and I would just
need to plug in the parameters and the sql.

We like Abator for producing the original SQL but now face the problem of
dropping out of it once we have created the stored procedures.  This is bad
for changes / refactoring and we would like to retain the flexibility and
productivity that ABATOR offers.

My first thought was to apply some XSLT to the output of ABATOR but then I
wondered if it might be smarter to provide a change to the generator so that
the output is simply correct.

Any ideas on what would be the best way for me to attack this?

Thanks

Ray