ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Raymond McDermott" <...@mcdermott.be>
Subject Re: JAVA 1.5 enum > typehandler woes
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 23:32:27 GMT
One further (perhaps obvious) follow-up point was that after I had specified
the typehandlers properly I no longer needed to map them explicitly on the
SELECT statement.

Finally I have one small update to the generic enum handler code (use
Enum.toString() rather than Enum.name() ):

import java.sql.SQLException;

import com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.extensions.ParameterSetter;
import com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.extensions.ResultGetter;
import com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.extensions.TypeHandlerCallback;

public abstract class EnumTypeHandler<E extends Enum> implements
TypeHandlerCallback
{
    private Class<E> enumClass_;

    public EnumTypeHandler(Class<E> enumClass)
    {
        enumClass_ = enumClass;
    }

    @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
    public void setParameter(ParameterSetter setter, Object parameter)
            throws SQLException
    {
        // use toString rather than name -- as suggested by the 1.5 official
documentation
        setter.setString(((E) parameter).toString());
    }

    public Object getResult(ResultGetter getter) throws SQLException
    {
        return valueOf(getter.getString());
    }

    @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")