ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Raymond McDermott" <...@mcdermott.be>
Subject Re: JAVA 1.5 enum > typehandler woes
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 23:24:05 GMT
I followed your advice on the typehandler properties on the select statement
and it started to work.  Great!

I also have to rescind one of my earlier statements.  I did some more
debugging on the INSERT statement and although the property values are all
being set nicely, there was no typehandler :(

So I looked again at the manual and at the typeHandler definitions.  The
reason that it does not associate the typehandler with the correct types is
that I have incorrectly specced the type handler thus:

<typeHandler javaType="domain.Frequency"
                    jdbcType="VARCHAR"
                    callback="typehandlers.FrequencyTypeHandler"/>

Once I removed the jdbcType it all started to work nicely :)

<typeHandler javaType="domain.Frequency"
                    callback="typehandlers.FrequencyTypeHandler"/>

So all is well that ends well.

Thanks for the pointers and the support.

Best regards

Ray

--
Ray McDermott