ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Odelya Glick" <ode...@jpost.com>
Subject Caching problem using IBATIS
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 00:33:14 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to implement cache in IBATIS.

I declared the following statement:

<select id="getObituaryById" resultClass="obituary"
		parameterClass="string" cacheModel="obituaryCache">
		select ID as id,
		FIRST_NAME as firstName, MID_NAME as midName, SUR_NAME as
		surName, BIRTH_DATE as birthDate, PASS_DATE as passDate,
BODY as
		body, PHOTO_LINK as photoLink, THUMB_PHOTO_LINK as
		thumbPhotoLink FROM OBITUARY where ID =
		#value#
	</select>

And the cacheModel:
<cacheModel id="obituaryCache" type="LRU">
		<flushInterval hours="24" />
		<property name="cache-size" value="1000" />
		<flushOnExecute statement="insertObituary" />
	</cacheModel>

But it doesn't seem to be that the obituary object is being cached!
When I change a value in Oracle 9i, and do refresh to the page, I get the
newly updated information!

The code to get the information is:

public ObituaryData getObituaryById(String obitId) {
		  return  (ObituaryData) queryForObject("getObituaryById",
obitId);
	}

Thanks

Odelya