ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated IDEA plug-in for iBATIS
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:25:06 GMT
The problem with stored procedures is that the JDBC driver rarely returns
enough metadata to fully understand the SP parameters and possible
resultSet(s).  Some JDBC drivers return almost no metadata about stored
procedures (the procedure column information is optional).  The most
reliable method would be to actually execute the procedure under each
possible scenario to understand fully what will/will not be
required/returned.

I've always thought that it would be easier to hand code the iBATIS stuff
for SPs than to try and figure out some way to configure a code generator
properly (given the lack of reliable data available in metadata).

I suppose I could be wrong about that...but it would take some work to
convince me otherwise.

Jeff Butler