ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to map huge resultsets?
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:17:42 GMT
I'm confused, how would grabbing chunks of a huge result set be more
efficient than grabbing the records by PK?

Couldn't you just have a select that grabbed the requested item, and
passed it back to the consumer?

Larry

On 10/3/07, robert.kasanicky@accenture.com
<robert.kasanicky@accenture.com> wrote:
> My problem with RowHandler is that iBATIS controls the iteration. I just say
>
> sqlMap.queryWithRowHandler ("getAllItems", rowHandler);
>
> and all items get processed by the rowHandler.
>
> But in my case I need to make iBATIS return items one-by-one when it is asked to do so
because the framework controls the iteration.