ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQL fired by iBATIS
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 02:15:56 GMT
The SQL is run exactly as it is in the sql map, but the (skip) results
are skipped, and only (max) rows are mapped to objects.

To answer what I think your question is: The limiting is done in Java,
not in SQL.

There is no SQL standard for limiting the results, so we let you do it
this way (easy, but not terribly efficient), or in your SQL (harder,
but lots more efficient).

Larry