ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Arora, Parvinder" <PA0...@att.com>
Subject RE: resultMap HashMap and with a list
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:22:03 GMT
Why can't you fetch them as a simple list and then iterate over the list
to create a map?

~Parvinder

-----Original Message-----
From: eznibe [mailto:enbertran@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 5:19 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: resultMap HashMap and with a list

Hi All,

can someone tell me if this can be done...

QRY

Select type, name
from table
order by type, name

where the result will be

TYPE NAME
type1 aaa
type1 bbb
type2 ccc
type3 axzd

I want a map with 3 Keys (type1, type2, and type3) and the value of each
Key
is the list or Names?

can this be done... i tried this and no luck

<resultMap id="get-types" class="java.util.HashMap" groupBy="key">
<result property="key" column="name" />
<result property="val" resultMap="get-names"/>
</resultMap>

<resultMap id="get-names" class="java.util.ArrayList">
<result property="name" resultMap="name" />
</resultMap>

<select id="retrieveRelatedTo" resultMap="get-cnt-cnt-connections">
Select type, name
from table
order by type, name
</select>