ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Vinaya Tirikkovalluru" <vinaya.tirikkovall...@converge.com>
Subject Connecting to 2 different Databases
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:55:29 GMT
Hi,

I am using iBatis with Spring.

I need to connect to 2 databases of different versions.

I have both the data sources declared in applicationContext.xml

ERP is on Oracle 8i and dataware is on 9i

            <bean id="ERP"
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">

                        <property name="driverClassName">

                        </property>

                        <property name="url">

                                    <value>

jdbc:oracle:thin:@abc.xyz.com:4545:dev

                                    </value>

                        </property>

                        <property name="username">

                                    <value>user</value>

                        </property>

                        <property name="password">

                                    <value>password</value>

                        </property>

            </bean>

            <bean id="dataware"

                        class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">

                        <property name="driverClassName">

                        </property>

                        <property name="url">

                                    <value>

jdbc:oracle:thin:@ddd.xyz.com:2222:DWD

                                    </value>

                        </property>

                        <property name="username">

                                    <value>user</value>

                        </property>

                        <property name="password">

                                    <value>password</value>

                        </property>

            </bean>

I am using jdbc_9.0.2.jar.

I am getting the following error while executing the query for a table
in 8i database..

Executing Statement:           select  PO_NBR, SCHEDULE_DATE,
PROMISE_DATE, ORDER_QTY, SHIPPED_QTY,       CANCELLED_QUANTITY,
ONHAND_QTY, HOLD_NAME     from XTRADE_OWNER.OPEN_SO_LINES_VW
where       (                       PROMISE_DATE >=           ?
)

[DEBUG,PreparedStatement,http-8080-Processor25] {pstm-100180}
Parameters: [2005-02-06 00:00:00.0]

[DEBUG,PreparedStatement,http-8080-Processor25] {pstm-100180} Types:
[java.sql.Timestamp]

[DEBUG,HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,http-8080-Processor25]
SecurityContextHolder set to new context, as request processing
completed

[ERROR,[Faces Servlet],http-8080-Processor25] Servlet.service() for
servlet Faces Servlet threw exception

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01024: invalid datatype in OCI call

The same type of query works fine in 9i database. I hace a single
sqlConfig.xml

Do I need to have 2 different sqlConfig files each for each database?
How do I specify the drivers?

Thanks

Vinaya

This electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above and may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, dissemination
or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately.