ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Tom Henricksen" <T...@A-t-g.com>
Subject sub-selects causing row level locking error
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:43:45 GMT
Our tests that calls a sub-select like this

(from the VitalsVsp.xml)

<result column="VTLSTEMPRID" property="temperature"
select="TemperatureVsp.selectById_WithFK"/>

Caused this exception

com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.SqlException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -911, SQLSTATE:
40001, SQLERRMC: 68

      at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.cc.b(cc.java:2828)

      at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.be.i(be.java:181)

      at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.be.a(be.java:142)

      at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.be.a(be.java:33)

(this is row level locking error)

To fix this we had to add "WITH UR" (DB2 isolation level - Uncommitted
read) to the selectById_WithFK.

This worked when our code was using iBatis 2.1.7 and got this error
using 2.2.0 and 2.3.0.   Did iBatis previously run these sub-select
within the same SqlMapSession or did it add some isolation level options
to the query?

Thanks,

Tom Henricksen
Consultant