ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <erlend.bjo...@aftenposten.no>
Subject SV: Calling procedures from 2 different databases
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:08:24 GMT
Hi there!

>One database per SqlmapConfig - that's the rule.

But if your databases and the data is tightly coupled and if you don't need a different sqlMapConfig
setting setup (don't need ping query, lazyLoadingEnabled setting etc)

Wouldn't it be more clean to have one sqlMapConfig file ?

Works super for me in a Spring app with connection to a Sybase and MS-SQL database, then the
connectionUrl, username, password is located in a separated java.properties file.

It's small web app with quartz jobs, but it's the most stable application I have every made
and easy going :-)

>In general, you should keep the SQL for the different databases in different XML files
- although this is not strictly required.

I still have have one sql.xml file for each domain model bean, so if your domain model bean
contains data from both databases, I don't see it's good thing to split it in two different
xml's from my point of view. Why split it ? Where the data is located, doesn't matter, your
domain model bean does :-)

Anyway, feel this makes it more easy and less files to handle, from my point of view.

>So, a particular instance of a DAO is tied to one and only one database.

Yes one DAO to one database .....

Good luck Vinaya still :-)

Erlend

One database per SqlmapConfig - that's the rule.

If you have two databases, then you need two instances of the SqlMapConfig.  IIRC you are
using Spring, so...

1. Declare two datasources

2. Declare two SqlMapConfigs - inject a datasource accordingly

3. Inject the appropriate SqlMapConfig into the appropriate DAO.  So, a particular instance
of a DAO is tied to one and only one database.

In general, you should keep the SQL for the different databases in different XML files - although
this is not strictly required.

Jeff Butler

On 10/24/07, Vinaya Tirikkovalluru <vinaya.tirikkovalluru@converge.com <mailto:vinaya.tirikkovalluru@converge.com>
> wrote:

Hi,

I am connected to 2 different databases from the application.

How would ibatis know which database to go when I try to access a procedure?

Can I access procedures from 2 databases within the same xml?

Thanks in advance

Vinaya