ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Lisa Jenkins <lisa.jenk...@investoranalytics.com>
Subject Re: Insert null
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:29:02 GMT
If what you are saying is you want to pass null value to ibatis, try
substituting the null value with "" in the insert statement.

#email:jdbcType:null value to substitue#  On the null value to use part,
use "".  iBatis will automatically substitute null values with empty string.

Should work.  From documentation, under In-line parameter maps.
http://ibatis.apache.org/docs/java/pdf/iBATIS-SqlMaps-2_en.pdf

Härtel wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I want to insert null for a String/VARCHAR property. Posting http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg05079.html
tells if my String is null default is null is inserted in the table. But it works not this
way here.