ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: how to map huge resultsets?
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:12:40 GMT
Have you considered using a RowHandler?

Clinton

-----Original Message-----
From: robert.kasanicky@accenture.com [mailto:robert.kasanicky@accenture.com]

Sent: October-03-07 2:37 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: how to map huge resultsets?

Hello,

I am wondering whether it possible to implement the following scenario with
iBATIS:

   1. run an iBATIS-managed select
   2. get a scrollable result set instead of a list of mapped objects
   3. manually scroll the result set and ask iBATIS for object corresponding
to current row

Hibernate provides this possibility
(http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html/batch.html) so I
thought it would be feasible with iBATIS too, but I couldn't figure out a
way. The motivation is a batch scenario where the select returns a huge
number of rows so all mapped objects can't be loaded into memory at once.

The iBATIS way I am aware of is to use queryForList(String statementName,
int skipResults, int maxResults), but this means querying the database
(TOTAL_NUMBER_OF_ROWS / maxResults) times.

Can somebody give advice about pros & cons of the two approaches?

Thanks
Robert

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.