ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Albert N Hinrichs <anhinri...@raytheon.com>
Subject strange output from result set logging
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:48:16 GMT
Sorry if this hits twice, I'm new to the list.

IBatis seems to be working fine, but, when showing logging output, we get
strange outputs on result sets.  For every column that has a typehandler,
we get multiple instances (apparently) in the header and values in the
log.

For instance:

If I run:

select a, b, c, d from t left join x on t.a = x.a left join y on t.a = y.a

and b comes from t, c comes from x, and d comes from y and b, c, and d
have typehandlers, I get something like

{rset - xxxxxxxx} ResultSet
{rset - xxxxxxxx} Header:  [a, b, b, b, b, b, c, c, d, d]
{rset - xxxxxxxx} Result: [1, ABC, ABC, ABC ,ABC, ABC, DEF, DEF, GHI, GHI]

Now, this may be problem specific, but we always seem to get 5 for enums,
and 2 for regular types.  In other words it the type handler is an enum
handler there are 5 instances, and if
it is just a regular type handler we get 2.

We also noticed that the logging output seems to enter the typehandlers
before we get the resultset output.  I would think that it should be the
other way around.

Nothing seems to be broken, things all seem to work, we were just looking
for a possible explaination for this behavior.

Using Postgresql with Postgis.

Thanks,

Bert