ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: How to setup JNDI connection in ibatis
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:44:04 GMT
Hello,

You then need to add a ResourceLink either in conf/context.xml or in the
webapp's specific context file (if you're using one).

I don't know what version of Tomcat you're using, but here are the JNDI docs
for 5.5:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

PS: I think you can add a resource-env-ref to your webapp's web.xml to link
to the global JNDI resource too, but I usually go with the ResourceLink in
the context files to avoid mucking with web.xml.

Cheers,
Chris

On 9/27/07 7:58 AM, "Ashish Kulkarni" <ashish.kulkarni13@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I am using tomcat application server, and using the Administator application
> i added JNDI for my database, i found that it had added following entry in
> server.xml file
>
> <Resource
> name="AS400B"
> type="javax.sql.DataSource"
> password="password"
> driverClassName="com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"
> maxIdle="2"
> maxWait="5000"
> validationQuery="select * from PODATA"
> username="userid"
> url="jdbc:as400:AS400B/RPTSTEXTDB;naming=system;date format=iso;time
> format=hms;prompt=false"
> maxActive="4"/>
>

> On 9/26/07, Richard Yee <ryee@cruzio.com> wrote:
>>
>> You need to set up the connection pool in your application server
>> configuration. What AppServer are you using?
>>
>> -Richard
>>
>> Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I did modify this to look like below
>>> <transactionManager type="JDBC">
>>>     <dataSource type="JNDI">
>>>           <property name="DataSource" value="AS400B"/>
>>>     </dataSource>
>>> </transactionManager>
>>>
>>> But i get following error in tomcat, I have created a data sourse
>>> AS400B in tomcat
>>>
>>> Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name AS400B is not
>>> bound in this Context
>>> at
>>> com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.builder.xml.SqlMapConfigParser.parse(
>> SqlMapConfigParser.java:81)
>>> at
>>> com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(
>> SqlMapClientBuilder.java:62)
>>> at com.pfizer.maps.data.GetSQLConfigForWeb.getSqlMapInstance
>>> (GetSQLConfigForWeb.java:49)
>>> at
>>> com.pfizer.maps.servlet.Log4JInitServlet.init(Log4JInitServlet.java:104)
>>> at