ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Alvarsson" <jonathan.alvars...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What about those JavaBeans?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 15:02:42 GMT

> OK, you lost me.
>
> Do you mean EJB is bloaty? If that is what you are talking about, then
> I'd agree - they are a bit bloaty (although I have heard v3 is much
> better). That said, EJB really has almost nothing to do with iBATIS.
> You can use iBATIS from within EJBs, but that's about as close as they
> come - iBATIS does not rely on EJB.
>
> Where does anything anywhere say that you have to use beans with
> iBATIS? You *can* use beans. You can also use Maps or fields directly.

Okey I thought so. I must have miss understod it.

In my opinion, it is a good practice to use beans, because it's a
> pretty common pattern used by nearly all Java applications, but it is
> by no means required.
>
> You should keep reading and do a little experimentation before
> complaining / criticizing. :-)

Oh I didn't mean to complain / criticize in that case I would have kept my
mouth shut and stayed with Hibernate. (No use in critizising how other
people do things) But I had a hunch that I had missunderstood something and
it is better to ask living people than to read on in a book with an
assumption that things are in a bad way. I just realised that the book is
written for those comming from the JDBC direction and not from the Hibernate
direction...

--
// Jonathan

Larry