ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Alvarsson" <jonathan.alvars...@gmail.com>
Subject What about those JavaBeans?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:57:14 GMT
Hi I have been working a bit with Hibernate and want to get a look at
iBatis. I have read the first 80-90 pages of the "iBatis in action" book and
I am a bit confused.

JavaBeans?! Isn't that that horribly bloaty standard that everyone tells me
to avoid? What's it doing in what I thought was a lightweight and easy
framework?

I read that iBatis doesn't make any demands on the domain model. Then the
book says that I should use JavaBeans and mumbles something about a 114
pages specification and starts to tell me about the most basic stuffs about
JavaBeans and more or less hints that this will not be enough. I feel
somewhat confused now. Isn't this a demand on the domain model?

Please explain this because it just doesn't make sence to me...

--
// Jonathan