ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What about those JavaBeans?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:17:19 GMT
OK, you lost me.

Do you mean EJB is bloaty? If that is what you are talking about, then
I'd agree - they are a bit bloaty (although I have heard v3 is much
better). That said, EJB really has almost nothing to do with iBATIS.
You can use iBATIS from within EJBs, but that's about as close as they
come - iBATIS does not rely on EJB.

Where does anything anywhere say that you have to use beans with
iBATIS? You *can* use beans. You can also use Maps or fields directly.

In my opinion, it is a good practice to use beans, because it's a
pretty common pattern used by nearly all Java applications, but it is
by no means required.

You should keep reading and do a little experimentation before
complaining / criticizing. :-)

Larry