ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Yee, Richard K CTR DMDC" <Richard.Yee....@osd.pentagon.mil>
Subject RE: TransactionManager thorowing NPE
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:41:48 GMT

From: chris.mccauley@gsa.gov [mailto:chris.mccauley@gsa.gov]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 12:24 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: TransactionManager thorowing NPE

Call to Servlet is JavaScsript :

xmlHttp.open("GET", url, true);
XMLHttpRequest.send(null)
blah, blah this all works OK...

SERVLET:

response)
                        throws ServletException, IOException {

                int key1 =
Integer.parseInt(request.getParameter("key1"));
                int key2 =
Integer.parseInt(request.getParameter("key2"));

                Service service = new Service();

                //SUGGESTED TEST - PASSES!!
                DataSource dataSource = null;
                try{
                        Context initContext = new InitialContext();
                        dataSource = (DataSource)
initContext.lookup("java:AMWEB");
                } catch (NamingException ne){
                        ne.printStackTrace();
                        System.out.println("  NamingException: " +
ne.getMessage());
                }
                System.out.println("  dataSource: " + dataSource);

                try{
                        service.deleteAttachment(fileLocation, key1,
key2);

                }catch(DAOException e){
                        e.printStackTrace();
                        System.out.println(e.getClass().getName() + " :
" + e.getMessage());
                } catch(Exception e){
                        e.printStackTrace();
                        System.out.println(e.getClass().getName() + " :
" + e.getMessage());
                }

                System.out.println(" RemoveAttachmentServlet returning."
);

                // Write XML to response.
                response.setContentType("text/html");
                response.getWriter().write("removed");
        }

Service Layer:

Connects to a WebService (Axis) then returns....

<CODE>
        DaoManager daoManager = DAOFactory.getDAOManager();
        SQLMapAttachmentDAOImpl dao = new
SQLMapAttachmentDAOImpl(daoManager);
        rc += dao.deleteAttachments(key1); </CODE>

WHERE THE SQLMapImpl is this
<CODE>

public class SQLMapAttachmentDAOImpl extends SqlMapDaoTemplateWrapper
implements AttachmentDAO
{

        /**
         *
         * @param key1
         * @param key2
         * @return
         */
        public int deleteSRCVisitAttachment(Integer key1, Integer key2)
throws IOException, ServiceException, FactoryException {

                Map parametersMap = new HashMap();
                parametersMap.put("key1", key1);
                parametersMap.put("key2", key2);

                delete("deleteAttachment", parametersMap);

                return 1;
        }
}

SQL

   <delete id="deleteAttachment" parameterClass="java.util.Map">
            DELETE
              FROM TABLE
             WHERE TABLE.KEY1 = #key1#
           AND TABLE.KEY2 = #key2#
    </delete>
</CODE>

Thank you,
Christopher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christopher McCauley
Unisys Consultant
GSA - Federal Acquisition Service
CP3 11028B
(703) 605 9160
chris.mccauley@gsa.gov
chris.mccauley@unisys.com

"Christopher Lamey" <clamey@localmatters.com>

08/22/2007 03:17 PM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

user-java@ibatis.apache.org
cc
Subject
Re: TransactionManager thorowing NPE

So is this datasource not working at all, or only for transactions?

If you can use the datasource to do selects ok, then the datasource is
setup
correctly and it's a transaction manager issue.

If you can't, then it's a jndi setup thing.  I think because you could
do
the InitialContext stuff, it isn't a jndi setup thing.  And if that's
true,
then I'd like to see the code around this to see how you're handling
transactions.

On 8/22/07 11:24 AM, "chris.mccauley@gsa.gov" <chris.mccauley@gsa.gov>
wrote:

> This makes no difference to anything...that I can see, at
least........

> Thank you,
> Christopher
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Christopher McCauley
> Unisys Consultant
> GSA - Federal Acquisition Service
> CP3 11028B
> (703) 605 9160
> chris.mccauley@gsa.gov
> chris.mccauley@unisys.com
>

> "Yee, Richard K CTR DMDC" <Richard.Yee.ctr@osd.pentagon.mil>
> 08/21/2007 06:16 PM
> Please respond to
> user-java@ibatis.apache.org

> user-java@ibatis.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: TransactionManager thorowing NPE
>

> Is this what you are using for your sqlmap-config.xml?
>

>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
>> <!DOCTYPE sqlMapConfig PUBLIC "-//ibatis.apache.org//DTD SQL Map
> Config
>> 2.0//EN" "http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/sql-map-config-2.dtd">
>> <sqlMapConfig>
>>     <settings useStatementNamespaces="false" />
>>
>>     <!-- JNDI Example -->
>>         <transactionManager type="JDBC">
>>                 <dataSource type="JNDI">
>>                         <property name="DBJndiContext" value=
>> "java:DATASOURCE"/>
>>                 </dataSource>
>>         </transactionManager>
>>
>>         <sqlMap resource="dao/File1.xml" />
>>         <sqlMap resource="dao/File2.xml" />
>>         <sqlMap resource="dao/File3.xml" />
>> </sqlMapConfig>
>
> If so, I think your property setting for your JNDI datasource is
> incorrect. I think it should be:
> <property name="DataSource" value="java:DATASOURCE"/>
>
> Notice that the property name is DataSource, not DBJndiContext
>
> -Richard

com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl.StandardDaoManager.getTransaction(StandardDao
> Manager.java:108)
> 2007-08-21 15:08:26,733 INFO  [STDOUT]         at

com.ibatis.dao.client.template.SqlMapDaoTemplate.getSqlMapExecutor(SqlMa
> pDaoTemplate.java:60)
> 2007-08-21 15:08:26,733 INFO  [STDOUT]         at

com.ibatis.dao.client.template.SqlMapDaoTemplate.delete(SqlMapDaoTemplat
> e.java:142)
> 2007-08-21 15:08:26,733 INFO  [STDOUT]         at

gov.gsa.base.dao.SqlMapDaoTemplateWrapper.delete(SqlMapDaoTemplateWrappe
> r.java:41)
> 2007-08-21 15:08:26,733 INFO  [STDOUT]         ... 25 more
> 2007-08-21 15:08:26,733 INFO  [STDOUT]
> gov.gsa.base.exception.DAOException : java.lang.NullPointerException
> 2007-08-21 15:08:26,733 INFO  [STDOUT]  RemoveAttachmentServlet
> returning.
>

> Ack, I hate NPEs, they're so embarrassing.  iBATIS should never throw
> one.
> Once we find out why it does in this case, we'll fix it.
>
> The most likely source is this:   "java:DATASOURCE"
>
> Make sure this works in your environment:
>
>   DataSource dataSource = (DataSource)
> initCtx.lookup("java:DATASOURCE");
>
> Clinton

gov.gsa.base.service.file.SQLMapAttachmentDAOImpl.deleteSRCVisitAttachme
> nt(U
> nk
>>> nown Source)
>>> at

gov.gsa.base.service.file.AttachmentService.deleteSRCAttachment(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>> at gov.gsa.base.servlet.RemoveAttachment.doGet(Unknown Source)
>>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
>>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
>>> at

> tion
> Fi
>>> lterChain.java:252)
>>> at

> erCh
> ai
>>> n.java:173)
>>> at

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
> r.ja
> va
>>> :81)
>>> at

> tion
> Fi
>>> lterChain.java:202)
>>> at

> erCh
> ai
>>> n.java:173)
>>> at

> e.ja
> va
>>> :213)
>>> at

> e.ja
> va
>>> :178)
>>> at

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipa
> lVal
> ve
>>> .java:39)
>>> at

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAs
> soci
> at
>>> ionValve.java:159)
>>> at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticator
> Base
> .j
>>> ava:407)
>>> at

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.j
> ava:
> 59
>>> )
>>> at

> :126
> )
>>> at

> :105
> )
>>> at

> java
> :1
>>> 07)
>>> at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
> 48)
>>> at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:85
> 6)
>>> at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
> onne
> ct
>>> ion(Http11Protocol.java:744)
>>> at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
> .jav
> a:
>>> 527)
>>> at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorker