ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Yuvraj Shinde" <Yuvraj.Shi...@sos.sungard.com>
Subject RE: Question about Abator
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:52:54 GMT
I think,

 You cannot customize the abator.xml.you have to manually do it your
self.

Regards
yuvraj

-----Original Message-----
From: NehaP [mailto:nehagp2@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 6:17 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Question about Abator

Hi,

I wasnt able to find a forum for Abator, hope this is the right forum
for
this question.

Before using Abator, I had a set of beans, say of User and Address, that
looked like this

[code]
public class Address
{
   private String city, street;
   private int zipCode;
   // Getters and setters....
}

public class User
{
   private Address adr;
   // Other fields..
   // Getters and Setters
}

[/code]

And my db has all these fields in the same table- User

When I try to use Abator to generate the required xml files and the
DAOs,
the model bean that gets generated for the User class is obviously not
identical to my class. Modifying the generated code is not a good
practice,
so I cant use the generated code and have to use my custom DAOs and xml
files.

If only there were a way to specify to Abator to not generate model
beans,
and to use my beans instead (I could provide the mapping), I could use
the
generated DAOs and xml files. Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks!
Neha.

PS: I'm a newbie at both- iBATIS  and Abator :-)