ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Get return value and return result set
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:59:51 GMT
I’d recommend XStream.  You’ll have better control and avoid duplicate mappings.  Get iBATIS
to return either Maps or JavaBeans, and run that through XStream to get XML results.

Clinton

From: Fábio Pisaruk [mailto:pisaruk@gmail.com]
Sent: August-27-07 2:15 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Get return value and return result set

Hi guys!

I´m trying to use ibatis to generate xml from my tables but i can´t find any useful examples
to do so.
I have the following problem: Suppose there are two tables named Person, Phones. I´d like
to generate a xml document like this:

<Person>
  <PersonID>9999<PersonID>
  <Name>Name of person</Name>
  <Phones>
    <Phone>5555-5555</Phone>
    <Phone>1111-5555</Phone>
    <Phone>2222-5555</Phone>
  <Phones>
</Person>

Here are my maps:

<resultMap id="person-ResultMap" class="xml" groupBy="personID">
  <result property="name" column="name"/>
  <result property="personID" column="personID"/>
  <result property="phones" resultMap="phone-ResultMap"/>
<resultMap/>

<resultMap id="phone-ResultMap" class="xml">
  <result property="name" column="name"/>
  <result property="personID" column="personID"/>
<resultMap/>

<select id="getPerson" parameterClass="int" resultMap="person-ResultMap">
        select name,number,personID
        from Person,Phone
        where personID= ?
</select>

But i can´t make it to work.
I think that ibatis doesn´t support nested lists :-(

Thanks in advance.