ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ole Trenner <ole.tren...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: appending to collection properties
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:08:48 GMT
Niels Beekman wrote:
> Maybe
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/How+do+I+r
> euse+SQL-fragments helps...

Thanks again for your help.

Maybe I didn't describe my problem correctly.

The three subselects do query three quite different tables, thus needing
different resultMap definitions to get correctly mapped to objects.

My parent object "Article" stores them in a typed List only being able
to access them through their interface, but internally they actually
need to be instances of their concrete classes.

What I've currently done is add some "dummy" setters to my Article
object that just appends to the actual children list and then specify
these dummy properties for the subselects.

However, somehow the described behaviour contradicts the documentation,
and since I'd very much prefer the documented behaviour, I'd like to
know why :)

Cheers.
Ole.