ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Richard Yee <r...@cruzio.com>
Subject Re: Question using order by
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 13:36:23 GMT
Have you tried putting

select refnumber, rownumber, begindate, enddate, officenumber
    from ${schema1}.office
<isParameterPresent>
      <include refid="office.abatorgenerated_Example_Where_Clause"/>
      <isNotNull property="orderByClause">
      </isNotNull>
    </isParameterPresent>
ORDER BY substr(refnumber,16,12) DESC, refnumber, begindate DESC

  </select>

in your SQL map? You haven't really explained what error or problem you are having. That is
probably why no one is responding. Are you getting any errors?

-Richard

Jdev wrote:
> Is there really nobody who can help me using an order by?
> I have searched on the Internet but I can find nothing useful.
> I have post this question a couple of days ago, but I have got still no answer.

> I have the following query which must be converted to Ibatis.
> But I don’t know how I must write the SUBSTR and DESC in Ibatis
>
> private final String select1 =
>         "SELECT refnumber, rownumber, begindate, enddate, officenumber, " +
> FROM " + ConnectDB.schema1 + ".office " +
>         "WHERE refnumber LIKE ? " +
>         "ORDER BY substr(refnumber,16,12) DESC, refnumber, begindate DESC ";
>
> Abator has everything generated and everything works perfectly, except I don’t know
how to write the query in the Ibatis xml file for SUBSTR and DESC.
> Below a small query what Abator has generated and the query mentioned below must be extended
to what above stands.
> Can someone explain me how or what is the best way to process the above query to my new
Ibatis query mentioned below.