ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Davy" <davypulin...@telenet.be>
Subject RE: Small problem with date.
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 19:41:07 GMT
Hooow, then I have a big problem, is there now other way to get 8 numbers
(date) out of that specific number?
Is this really not possible in Ibatis.
Adding an extra column in the table is a problem.
What would be the best way outside adding and extra column to the database
to solve this problem?
Any suggestion would be nice.

Davy

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Yee [mailto:ryee@cruzio.com]
Sent: woensdag 8 augustus 2007 16:14
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Small problem with date.

Davy,
I suggest adding a date column to your table. It will make things a lot
easier in the long run. You can run a program on your existing data to
populate the new field. the search performance will be better too.

-Richard

davy wrote:
> I have the next problem, I have a query which must filters a certain
period out a number. for example:
> this is the number 54789635479E200708081545 this means
> 2007 year 08 month 08 day 15 hour 45 minutes.
> Now, i have a query (substr(number,13,8) between ? and ?
>
> This means that the user can give a certain from date and until date
(year,month,day) sow the query will search on this date in these number