ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: This is not an urgent message :-) (non-xml config?)
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 17:09:06 GMT
I recently just added some "better" APIs for this.  Unfortunately they're
still not fantastic, but they're getting there.  It's a slow refactoring
process, because historically iBATIS was a purposely XML focused framework.

The idea was to use this new API to offer new configuration options like
annotations, convention based configuration and also just using this Java
API to configure it directly.

The remaining refactorings involve cleaning up the method signatures for
things like adding new mapped statements....they currently have like 15
parameters....just a raw extract method refactoring.  But at least all of
the types are safe etc, not just string based like the XML configuration
is.

It's getting there.  I'll keep the list posted on progress and it will
probably be available by the next release.

Clinton