ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Sanders <tendan...@gmail.com>
Subject Need Help Fetching a RAW from a SPROC
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:32:56 GMT

I've been struggling with this now for a couple of days, so wonder if anyone
here can help me out....

I have an Oracle stored procedure with the following declaration:

Procedure getSuperSetByPrimaryKeys (
  piSuperSetID in number,
  piApplicationID in number,
  piLanguageID in number,
  poSuperSetName out varchar2,
  poSuperSetDesc out varchar2,
  poExtraInfo out raw );

and iBATIS map:

    <procedure id="fetch-superset-by-pkeys"
parameterMap="fetch-superset-by-pkeys">
   	   { call MMS.getSuperSetByPrimaryKeys(?,?,?,?,?,?) }
    </procedure>

    <parameterMap id="fetch-superset-by-pkeys" class="SuperSet">
       <parameter property="superSetID" mode="IN"/>
       <parameter property="applicationID"  mode="IN"/>
       <parameter property="languageID"  mode="IN"/>
       <parameter property="name" mode="OUT"/>
       <parameter property="description" mode="OUT" />
       <parameter property="extraBytes" mode="OUT"/>
    </parameterMap>

and the SuperSet class has a method setExtraBytes(byte[]) for handling the
RAW.

When I try to call this method I always get an SQLException "invalid column
type". I've tried adding jdbCType=RAW but that doesn't help. Is there
something special I need to do (well, obviously there is!)?

Oddly, I have a 'fetch all' sproc which returns the same items in a result
set and my resultMap for that works just fine for the RAW type.

Grateful for all and any help,

Paul.