ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From alecswan <aukcio...@yahoo.com>
Subject IBatis with aggregation across multiple data sources
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 23:32:26 GMT

I am working on a project where I need to execute different queries
(returning results with the same columns) on different data sources,
retrieve each query result set and then combine them into one XML file. Note
that each query result has the same columns, so I will be UNIONing query
result sets before converting them to XML.

I don’t need binding to Java objects, but I would like to use IBatis XML
definintions of transaction managers, data sources and parameterized queries
and maybe even use IBatis to convert query result sets to XML.

Is this feasible or I am better off just creating my own XML syntax and
query processing engine? If using IBatis is feasible in this project, could
you give me any pointers how to get started? If not, I would appreciate your
thoughts on alternative solutions.

Thanks.