ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Adrian Sandor <adi...@yahoo.com>
Subject "Connection is invalid" exception
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:24:22 GMT
Hi, I encountered this exception in my program:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error accessing SimplePooledConnection. Connection is invalid.
	at com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource$SimplePooledConnection.getValidConnection(SimpleDataSource.java:913)
	at com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource$SimplePooledConnection.invoke(SimpleDataSource.java:958)
	at $Proxy7.commit(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.commit(JdbcTransaction.java:66)
	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.TransactionManager.commit(TransactionManager.java:83)
	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.commitTransaction(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:765)
	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.commitTransaction(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:172)
	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.commitTransaction(SqlMapClientImpl.java:149)

The program has a thread that is doing a very long batch transaction, performing executeBatch(),
commitTransaction() and startBatch() every 250 statements, and at the same time a bunch of
other threads are doing LOTS of quick queries. Every time I run it, after several seconds
that exception is thrown from the batch thread. What could be the problem?
(Using ibatis-2.3.0.677)

Thanks
Adrian