ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: StubObjects / ValidationObjects generation feature planned ?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 18:48:56 GMT
You can plugin your own DAO generator to Abator - write a class that
implements org.apache.ibatis.abator.api.DAOGenerator and then specify that
class in your Abator configuration file.  You'll need to use the Java DOM
classes in Abator to generate Java code - I think they're pretty easy to use
(but I wrote them,so of course I think they're easy to use!)  You can look
at the methods in BaseDAOGenerator for examples of how to write methods.

If you want to add your mock DAO stubs at the same time you generate the
"real" DAOs, then subclass an existing implementation class and override the
getGeneratedJavaFiles method like this:

List getGeneratedJavaFiles(IntrospectedTable introspectedTable,
ProgressCallback progressCallback) {
  List answer = super(introspectedTable, progressCallBack);

  // add mock DAO implementation to the list here

  return answer;
}

Look at the "Extending Abator" section of the reference documentsion to see
which class to extend.  For example, if you are generating Spring DAOs for
Java5, then extend
org.apache.ibatis.abator.internal.java.dao.SpringJava5DAOGenerator

Hope that helps!
Jeff Butler