ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Tom Henricksen" <T...@A-t-g.com>
Subject javaTypes and jdbcTypes in result maps
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:35:29 GMT
A co-worker who uses the .Net version of iBatis mentioned that it is
strongly suggested to add javaTypes and jdbcTypes in resultMaps.  I
presume this is the same for Java?

This:

<result property="provider.rowVersion" column="H_PRVDRID" jdbcType="int"
javaType="java.lang.Integer" />

instead of this:

<result property="provider.rowVersion" column="H_PRVDRID" />

They said that doing this in Java they noticed a faster initial response
than without.  I imagine the reflection used to determine the types is
time consuming.  Then after that they run the same.  I presume the types
are cached somehow?  Also how long does it cache?  Is that determined on
available memory or some other setting?

http://www.nabble.com/When-to-use-jdbcType-or-javaType-tf2048046.html#a5
748022

According to this they may help performance and are useful in
resultMaps, correct?

Thanks,

Tom Henricksen
Consultant