ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Elangovan, Kumaravel" <kumaravel.elango...@fmr.com>
Subject programmatic transaction management in ibatis
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:24:24 GMT

Hi,

We would like to implement programmatic transaction management in one
action class of our application (spring with ibatis SQL maps) as it
involves in updation of two tables.

current SqlMapConfig.properties is

	<transactionManager commitRequired="true" type="JDBC">
		<dataSource type="JNDI">
			<property name="DataSource"
value="${datasourcename}"/>
		</dataSource>
	</transactionManager>

and dao.xml is

<daoConfig>
	<!-- Example SQL Maps DAO Configuration -->
	<context>
		<transactionManager type="SQLMAP">
			<property name="SqlMapConfigResource"
value="ibatis/FsaPlusAdmin/SqlMapConfig.xml" />
		</transactionManager>
		<dao interface="name of the interface"
implementation="name of the implementation" />
</context>
</daoConfig>

We want transaction to be remanin default except in that action
class(Here transaction has to be rolled back if updation of 1st table
fails).

As I am new to ibatis, could anyone please explain how to configure
external transaction and to use that in the action class.

Regards,
kumar