ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Gabriel Macerot" <g.mace...@omegames.com>
Subject IBATIS map and Cache
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:16:37 GMT

I build a web application. Then I store data in a mysql data base and I use
ibatis in order to map the requests for my application. For optimization I
use LRU cache with the mapping about game_object_template (these objects may
not change a lot).

Here is my code :

    <!-- Modèle de cache -->

    <cacheModel id="GOT.cache" type="LRU">

        <flushInterval hours="1"/>

        <flushOnExecute statement="GameObjectTemplate.insertOne" />

        <flushOnExecute statement="GameObjectTemplate.updateOne" />

        <property name="size" value="750" />

    </cacheModel>

    <!-- Getters -->

    <select id="GameObjectTemplate.getOne" resultMap="GOT.map"
cacheModel="GOT.cache">

        SELECT * FROM game_object_templates WHERE id=#value#

    </select>

    <select id="GameObjectTemplate.getOneByName" resultMap="GOT.map"
cacheModel="GOT.cache">

        SELECT * FROM game_object_templates WHERE nom=#value#

    </select>

    <!-- List -->

    <select id="GameObjectTemplate.getAll" resultMap="GOT.map"
cacheModel="GOT.cache">

        SELECT * FROM game_object_templates got, sous_categories_objets sc,
categories_objets c

        WHERE got.id_sous_categorie = sc.id

        AND sc.id_categorie_objet = c.id

        ORDER BY c.libelle, sc.libelle, got.nom

    </select>

I used cache system for other request in my application but it seems here
that nothing works like I want and the request still cost a lot of time.
There is 300 game_object_templates in my data base and one game object got
13 field lots of varchar and some int (if it could help).

Is someone could explain me why it doesn’t work or if another solution exist
in order to get these objects (There are often use) ?

Mohicane