ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Gwyn Evans <gwyn.ev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS Survey (10 Minutes)
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 21:24:16 GMT
Hmm, not sure I really agree with you there - having done the survey,
there were a number of questions where having to choose just 1 item
felt as misleading as choosing all would have been.

The correct answers would have been a few of the items.  You may
believe that one always stands out, but certainly with my answers,
there are answers where you will see an answer as 'b', for example,
but in reality, it could have been 'b','c' or 'd' but not 'a' or 'e'.
There's information being lost there!

/Gwyn

On Monday, July 9, 2007, 2:42:38 PM, Clinton <clinton.begin@gmail.com> wrote:

> For everyone looking for multiple checkboxes, even though the survey
> software supports it, it will be hard for us to draw conclusions if
> everyone selects everything.  :-)

> So when answering tough questions where you would normally want to
> pick multiple choices, it's important that you pick the "primary" or
> "most important" one....

> Even though multiple choices apply, one always stands out.  If it
> doesn't, then you basically cancel out the survey option and you might
> as well randomly choose one (because it would still have more meaning
> than choosing multiples).

> Cheers,
> Clinton

> On 7/7/07, Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've put together a simple survey to help us set the direction for
>> future versions of iBATIS.
>>
>> Please fill it out to ensure that iBATIS remains or becomes the
>> product you want.
>>
>> It should only take 10 minutes to fill out.  The results are not
>> displayed, but I will publish a summary of them when I feel enough
>> results have been submitted.  So the faster you complete the survey,
>> the faster you'll get to see the results.
>>
>> http://codehammer.org:81/survey/show/ibatis
>>
>> Don't be shy about the email address requirement.  It is simply to
>> avoid spam, trolling etc.  This is not a 3rd party company running the
>> survey, "Codehammer" is me just me, so worry not.  We'll only use it
>> to validate against the list etc.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Clinton

/Gwyn